PERSONAL STATEMENT Word Resume
| On LinkedIn: Mike Mason 07436
Skills (Mac or PC)
- Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop/ImageReady, Quark
- Miva Merchant 4/5, Gammadyne Mailer, Bulk Mailer Pro, Constant Contact, Mail Order Manager 5.4
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Google Adwords AdSense and blog software.
Internet Marketing Manager
Gateway Energy Services, 2008-Present
At Gateway Energy Services my main focus has been a holistic approach to increasing brand awareness, Internet traffic and sales. To this end, I have implemented a targeted search engine optimization plan, increased response rates from pay per click campaigns, increased search engine visibility, increased conversion rate of the web site by increasing usability and identified emerging markets through the use of analytics. I have launched a company newsletter to provide value added information to our customers and increase average customer lifetimes.
- Increased conversion rate of web site from 1.6% to 4.25%
- Identified increased traffic from a state that we did business in but were not currently accepting customers. Streamlined the effort to accept new customers in this territory, and increased customer count from 1,700 to over 5,000 in 9 months
- Segmented e-newsletter audience to deliver targeted, relevant content
- Integrated sales messages with transactional e-mails
- Conducted A/B testing on pay per click ads
- Increased CTR on all existing pay per click campaigns
- Decreased cost of Internet acquisition from $42 to $30 per sale
- Developed marketing efforts with sales team to tightly integrate web site with 3rd party web sites to ensure a consistent message across internet and other sales channels
- Partnered with listing brokers to effectively market company services on 3rd party web sites
- Contacted site owners to modify outdated information to increase inbound links for search engine optimization
- Increased brand reach in Google rankings from #20 to #1 for brand keywords
E-Commerce/Email Marketing Manager/Webmaster
The Supplies Guys, 2005-2008
At the Supplies Guys, my first year was spent identifying and troubleshooting problem areas in the shopping cart, adding significant structural changes and content to the core web site, building a small micro site and revising the UK web site that carries the full product line as well as search engine optimization and email marketing. As the sole person on the marketing team in that year, I also designed and produced print marketing collateral to the sales team. In following years, I took on more responsibility with regard to email marketing and crafting the marketing message, as outlined below.
Consistently scored mid to high 90% marks on third-party customer website satisfaction surveys
- Analyzed and evaluated customer experience through online surveys and personal contact with customers to ensure their satisfaction and correct any problems with the shopping experience.
- Managed feedback from customers regarding our company’s reputation.
- Assisted in the development of a system that creates dynamic URLs based on customer purchase history
- Coordinated marketing initiatives across multiple channels for consistency in visibility and message throughout the marketing process.
- Created e-mail marketing campaigns for the US and the UK that included the measurement of subject line effectiveness and monitoring revenue generated.
- Increased deliverability of email campaigns by testing on different mail clients and fixing problems before emails were sent.
- Personalization of email marketing list segments so that customers saw a deeply personalized experience from point of first contact through the sales process.
- Reconnected with inactive customers via email generating $40,000 in sales with a small segment of customers (approximately 8,000 emails) over a 3-month target period.
- Managed the in-house email list for opt-outs, hard and soft bounces and replies.
- Assisted developer and other staff with the creation and implementation of a one-page checkout to reduce shopping cart abandonment.
- Managed the development of middleware for importing customers directly from our shopping cart software to our CRM software.
- Created written procedures for implementation of CRM software and how staff should handle various scenarios.
- Effectively communicated all marketing initiatives with sales team to ensure a consistent experience to our customers.
- Constantly updated web site with new products, photos and keyword rich descriptions.
- Troubleshot various systems, including payment gateway issues, shopping cart, customer relationship management software, and internal email.
- Launched 5 web sites (3 internationally) and managed those sites for consistent branding.
- Managed off-site resources for implementation of new web graphics and ensured usability.
Cardinal Health/Torre Lazur McCann, 2004
- Develop and produce concepts for pharmaceutical marketing materials
- Ensure design adheres to brand specifications
- Manage multiple jobs and file management simultaneously
Jerry Roache Direct, 2002 - 2003
- Developed concepts for email marketing, web banners and direct response mail campaigns
- Completed multiple projects in various mediums from concept to final mechanical
- Organized the company's job tracking system
- Researched and recommended asset management software
- Educated staff members regarding web project management
- Consistently met client deadlines, often of just one to two days
Finepoint Media, 2000 - 2002
- Developed marketing strategy & material including web site, brochures, etc.
- Managed all aspects of projects, including budget, timeline, clients and vendors
- Increased client response rate by 300%
- Created company brand and identity and product
Aquent, 2000 - 2002
- Designed and produced concepts that fit within the company brand
- Worked efficiently and accurately to cut days off production schedules
- Developed strong client relationships that resulted in repeat business
Project Manager/Web Designer
Hot Salsa Design, 1999 - 2000
- Managed projects with heavy client contact as well as managed internal clients
- Designed web sites from initial concept to launch
- Maintained and troubleshot existing web sites
BlumbergExcelsior, 1997 - 1999
- Exceeded established direct-mail response by 120%
- Decreased project production costs by reducing reliance on freelancers
- Produced award-winning software catalog
- Created web site consistent with the corporate brand
BFA in Illustration
With concentrations in Photography and Art History
University of Delaware
Newark, DE 19717